Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cake Balls!

I finally took the leap into the world of cake balls--and it's awesome! Years ago, I thought of doing cake truffles, and then when I Googled it, I realized that someone had already figured this out and done so much with it! Check out Bakerella's Website for lots and lots of awesome ideas!





These were my first ones---notice how they are ashy? I didn't melt my chocolate properly--now I make sure to put a tiny bit of vege shortening in it, and they stay nice and shiny :)

Inside was red velvet--perfect for pre-valentines day festivities!

These were for V-day celebrating, inside was a yummy mix of vanilla cake, homemade buttercream, and tons of multicolored jimmies :)


As you can imagine--the one's on the left are what are inside the final product on the right. Fun for March, right? The cake is French Vanilla--but I added some 'leaf green' color to make 'em interesting hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment